In order to ensure that WSG can meet the needs of each student, we have a comprehensive application process. WSG accepts applications for the following school year beginning in August of the current school year, and admissions are made on a rolling basis. Enrollment is usually completed by the end of May. However, many grades, particularly 6th and 7th, are filled by March. WSG does not accept new students into the 8th grade.
In keeping with our mission, admission decisions strongly consider these three criteria:
- Meeting WSG’s criteria of financial need (income screening will be completed before a family completes the comprehensive application)
- Siblings of a child already admitted to the School; and
- Residency in or near Wards 7 and 8, including close-in Prince George’s County
WSG Application Process
- Complete the preliminary online inquiry form to begin. If you need assistance, please give us a call.
- Schedule a 10 minute “Getting to Know You” chat with a member of the admissions team.
- Create an account via Blackbaud, our online portal.
- An Admissions Team member will review the required documentation and application checklist with you and assign all items in the Blackbaud application portal. They will also schedule your shadow day and placement testing.
- Provide additional documentation. An Admissions Team member will be on hand to help:
- Student’s Birth certificate (required prior to the shadow day)
- Recent standardized test scores, report cards, and any relevant student support documents such as an Individualized Education Plan
- Recommendation from a current school teacher
- Verification of income
- Visit WSG for a shadow day and placement testing.
- Once all documentation has been received and the shadow day and testing have been completed, an Admissions Team member will reach out to schedule a personal interview with both the student and the parent/guardian.
- Following the interview, the Admissions Team will be in touch regarding acceptance.