After School Tutor (Part-Time)
Start Date: 2023-24 School Year
Department Description: The After School Tutor will work closely with the Out of School Time Coordinator, as a member of the school’s Out of School Time Team, to support elementary and middle school students with homework and extra-curricular clubs. The tutor will maintain a positive and organized environment and support school behavior policies and instructional initiatives.
Compensation: $20 per hour
Brief Description of Classification: This is a part-time position – 10 months
Detailed Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
After School Tutoring:
- Provide a high quality learning environment and manage activities
- Support students with the completion of homework assignments and organization of classwork
- Monitor appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities during study hall and extra-curricular clubs
- Ensure safety, security, and well-being of students at all times
- Follow designated schedules and adhere to all school policies, procedures and expectations
- Fulfill all record keeping and other administrative duties such as attendance, discipline and academic performance in timely manner
- Provide feedback to the OSTP Coordinator regarding student assignments, progress and other relevant issues
- Ensure orderly movement of students while transitioning from Study Hall to extra-curricular Clubs
- Meet regularly with Out of School Time Coordinator and OST staff
- Support external partners with preparation and implementation of club activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Establish, plan and maintain a extra-curricular club for students of your choice
- Develop a plan in coordination with the Out of School Time Coordinator that includes clear and specific metrics of what students will learn and how they will show mastery of club outcomes.
- Reflect and model WSG values and attitudes as a Catholic School in interactions with students, teachers, families, and members of the public.
- Follow the policies and procedures of WSG as described in the WSG Personnel Handbook, including such items as being on time,professional dress, and maintaining appropriate records and reports.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, including legal and professional ethics in interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and members of the public.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work with diverse populations;
- Collaborative leadership and decision making
- Data management tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word,Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Google Email)
- Education tools and materials development
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities
Accountable to: Out of School Time Coordinator
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request. Washington School for Girls is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a part time position, no benefits included
Working hours: Monday– Thursday 2:45 pm – 5:45 pm, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm during weeks when school is not in session and the intersession program is available to students (1 week in Fall, 1 week in Spring)