Start Date: 2023-24 School Year
Department Description: An Americorps Volunteer at The Washington School for Girls works as a member of a team of educators to carry out the mission of the Washington School for Girls. The Volunteer will be responsible for supporting teachers in the classroom and the school as a whole. S/he will support teachers and the school body both during the regular school day and during all afterschool programming.
Compensation: $1,500 per month, and Americorps benefits include: Living allowance, health insurance, student loan forbearance and possible education award, all directly through the Americorps program.
Brief Description of Classification: This is an 11 Month Position
Detailed Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assist teachers with collecting, organizing and grading student work and other classroom dutiesAssist with snack preparation and distribution
- Work closely as a team member and collaborate with other teachers to meet students’ learning needs;
- Work with small groups and/or one-to-one in support of student learning needs across subject areas
- Provide academic support during study hall/homework help
- Fulfill all record keeping and other administrative duties in a timely manner including but not limited to (NSLP lunch checklist, and use of Blackbaud, timesheets, etc.);
- Cover recess and lunch duty daily
- Support or lead after school clubs
- Attend staff/faculty meetings as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Reflect and model WSG values and attitudes as a Catholic School in interactions with students, teachers, families, and members of the public.
- Follow the policies and procedures of WSG as described in the WSG Personnel Handbook, including such items as being on time,professional dress, and maintaining appropriate records and reports.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, including legal and professional ethics in interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and members of the public.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work with diverse populations;
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and others
- Data management tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Google suite including docs, slides, spreadsheets, and email)
- Committed to Catholic Education that is academically excellent
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team
- Commitment to their own learning
Education Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities
Accountable to: Director of Student and Graduate Success
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request. Washington School for Girls is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits package includes:
- Health insurance
- Americorps Benefits